Saturday, July 31, 2010


(photo not taken by me, was too tired for photos)

Clocked 16 kilometers at will run today

I'm not sure if they count the 16th one since I overshot the 1h45min timing by around 4 minutes. But I'm sure I ran 16 and that's my personal target met. My legs now feel like overstretched rubberbands but it isn't a bad price to pay for that immense satisfaction.

This also proves that having your period during a run wouldn't affect anything (I did visit the toilet thrice though).


So I ran alone this year. It wasn't bad since I could go at my own pace but looking at people running together did remind me of how my life's been pretty quiet these days. Well, who's to complain? I chose to do it on my own anyway.

After my run, I went around looking for an empty spot to cheer some male friends on but there weren't any empty spots. So I ended up walking around the school again, with my friends in the canteen. Its funny how I took the excuse of wanting to "soak in the atmosphere" when all I wanted to was to do some shouting - but somewhere unnoticeable.

We went back after the run - no lunch, no talks, no nothing. Maybe the rest were chatting away or just lying together on a lazy afternoon. Who knows.



I can simply find no correlation between having the willpower to run and the willpower to study. The only reason I run is because I found out I was pretty good at long distance in primary school and I've never really failed at it. (nor was I too good) Can't compare me to the sport-loving ones, of course. I generally dislike sports besides running (I do it for the satisfaction).


There's class later so I'll make a move and stop feeling like this. Yes, roll your eyes at me for feeling so alone all the time but its really like that. Maybe I made it this way but..

...well I'll survive.

No comments: